Top 3 Places to Hear Live Music in Gatlinburg
Music lovers won’t have to look far for some great tunes when they visit Gatlinburg, TN! Our Smoky Mountain city is home to many talented musicians and bands who perform regular concerts all around town. Gatlinburg is famous for its bluegrass and country music, but you’re likely to hear a bit of every genre during your vacation.
When you stay at Sidney James Mountain Lodge, you will be minutes away from all of the fantastic entertainment. To help you make the most of your getaway, we have put together a guide to three of the best places to hear live music in Gatlinburg:
1. Moonshine Distilleries in Downtown Gatlinburg
Moonshine and music go together like peanut butter and jelly! Whether you are stopping in to sample some white whiskey or you’re just looking for some toe-tapping tunes, Gatlinburg’s moonshine distilleries are definitely worth a visit. The great thing about listening to music at one of the downtown distilleries is that the concerts are completely free, even if you don’t buy any moonshine.
The Ole Smoky Moonshine Distillery, also known as “The Holler”, is a great place to catch some country and bluegrass acts while you’re strolling along The Strip. Sugarlands Distilling Company also hosts excellent concerts that feature touring Americana musicians from all over the country. Who knows, you might even discover your new favorite band!
2. Restaurants with Live Music in Gatlinburg
If you like to listen to music while you dine, Gatlinburg has got you covered! Visitors will find a number of superb restaurants that offer live entertainment. Here are some of our favorite places to eat, drink, and enjoy the music:
- Smoky Mountain Brewery has everything you need for a fun evening. Vacationers and locals alike frequent this restaurant for its microbrewed beer, delicious food, and stellar music. Live entertainment is typically offered Monday through Saturday. The Brewery is just a 15-minute walk from Sidney James Mountain Lodge!
- Loco Burro is famous for its Tex-Mex cuisine and its mechanical donkey ride. We dare you to try to stay on for more than a few seconds! Guests will enjoy live music on most weekends and, during the summer months, on weekdays.
- Three Jimmy’s is one of the most popular restaurants in Gatlinburg. Known for its tasty American fare, this eatery hosts live music most nights of the week. Karaoke night at Three Jimmy’s is always a blast!
- Crystelle Creek Restaurant & Grill provides live entertainment every night. Some of Gatlinburg’s best musicians take the stage on a rotating basis. If you can, try to dine at Crystelle Creek during the second Monday of the month, so you can see special concerts from the award winning artists who participate in the Smoky Mountain Songwriters Festival.
3. Smoky Mountain Tunes & Tales
During summer and winter, the city of Gatlinburg hosts free concerts in downtown Gatlinburg for everyone to enjoy! In June and July, local musicians take to The Strip every night beginning at 6 p.m. to perform some of the Smoky Mountain’s signature music.
In between Thanksgiving and Christmas, Winter Magic Tunes & Tales brings joyous holiday music to the streets of downtown Gatlinburg. These popular concerts feature all of your favorite Christmas songs and usually take place on Friday and Saturday nights from 5 – 9:30 p.m.
Sidney James Mountain Lodge boasts an incredible location within walking distance of downtown Gatlinburg. Guests at our hotel will be near all of the wonderful live music in Gatlinburg and the area’s very best attractions, shops, and restaurants. With a trolley stop at our front door, indoor and outdoor pools, an onsite cafe, and private balconies overlooking a stream, Sidney James Mountain Lodge has everything you need for an amazing getaway. To start planning your vacation, browse our Gatlinburg hotel rooms!