Top 3 Places to Hear Live Music in Gatlinburg
Music lovers won’t have to look far for some great tunes when they visit Gatlinburg TN! Our Smoky Mountain city is home to many talented musicians and bands who perform regular concerts all around town. Gatlinburg is famous for its bluegrass and country music, but you’re likely to hear a bit of every genre during your vacation. You’re probably wondering where you can find all of this live entertainment, and you’ll be glad to know there are several places you can visit! Here are the top 3 places where you can listen to live music in Gatlinburg:
1. Moonshine Distilleries in Downtown Gatlinburg
Moonshine and music go together like peanut butter and jelly! Whether you are stopping in to sample some white whiskey or you’re just looking for some toe-tapping tunes, Gatlinburg’s moonshine distilleries are definitely worth a visit. The great thing about listening to music at one of the downtown distilleries is that the concerts are completely free, even if you don’t buy any moonshine.
The Ole Smoky Moonshine Distillery, also known as “The Holler,” is a great place to catch some country and bluegrass acts while you’re strolling along The Strip. Sugarlands Distilling Company also hosts excellent concerts that feature touring Americana musicians from all over the country. Who knows, you might even discover your new favorite band!
2. Restaurants with Live Music in Gatlinburg
If you like to listen to music while you dine, Gatlinburg has got you covered! Visitors will find a number of superb restaurants that offer live entertainment. Here are some of our favorite places to eat, drink, and enjoy the music:
- Smoky Mountain Brewery has everything you need for a fun evening. Vacationers and locals alike frequent this restaurant for its microbrewed beer, delicious food, and stellar music. Live entertainment is typically offered Monday through Saturday. The Brewery is just a 15-minute walk from Sidney James Mountain Lodge!
- Ole Red is one of the most famous places for live music in Gatlinburg. You don’t want to miss out on any of the performers that come to this restaurant, because they might just turn out to be the next big thing!
- Loco Burro is famous for its Tex-Mex cuisine and its mechanical donkey ride. We dare you to try to stay on for more than a few seconds! Guests will enjoy live music on the rooftop throughout the week and on most weekends.
- Three Jimmy’s is one of the most popular restaurants in Gatlinburg. Known for its tasty American fare, this eatery hosts live music most nights of the week. Karaoke night at Three Jimmy’s is always a blast!
3. Smoky Mountain Tunes & Tales
During summer and winter, the city of Gatlinburg hosts free concerts in downtown Gatlinburg for everyone to enjoy! In June and July, local musicians take to The Strip every night beginning at 6 p.m. to perform some of the Smoky Mountain’s signature music.
In between Thanksgiving and Christmas, Winter Magic Tunes & Tales brings joyous holiday music to the streets of downtown Gatlinburg. These popular concerts feature all of your favorite Christmas songs and usually take place on Friday and Saturday nights from 5-9 p.m.
Now you know about some of the best spots to go to for live music in Gatlinburg! You won’t have to worry about getting to all of these places, because when you stay with us, you’ll just be a short walk away from them all! If you’re ready to start planning your next getaway, look through our Gatlinburg hotel rooms, and book one today!